Coinbase Buying Tutorial (Credit Card/Debit Card)
Coinbase lets you buy bitcoins instantly with a credit card or debit card. Here are step-by-step instructions to help make the buying process easier for you.
1. Create an Account on Coinbase
Once you create an account, confirm your personal details and login. You may be asked to upload a scan of ID. Once you’ve logged in, continue to the next step.
2. Navigate to account settings
Navigate to the top right corner and click on your name. There should be a drop-down menu where you can click “Settings”. Then click “Payment Methods” on the menu at the top and you should see something that looks like this:
Click on “Add Payment Method” in the right corner.
3. Click “Credit/Debit Card”
4. Enter your Credit/Debit Card Information
Note that Coinbase only accepts Visa and Mastercard credit/debit cards at this time.
You should see a confirmation like the one below. If so, your credit/debit card has been successfully added!
6. Buy Bitcoins!
Go to the buy page and you should see a widget that looks like the image below:
Enter the amount you want to buy, and click “Buy Bitcoin Instantly”. Your coins will then be delivered to your Coinbase wallet!
7. How to send us bitcoin to complete your payment? Easy!
- Select the Send button from your Coinbase wallet.
- On the send dialog, select Wallet Address. (the address is provided in the payment email we sent you)
- Enter the amount you’d like to send in the Amount field. (the amount is also in the email we sent you)
- Click Continue.
- Confirm the details of the transaction and complete the send